Collage

Collage

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chummy spiders and my new companion from Bolivia!

Hello all! 

Sorry I didn't write on Monday. I know none of you could sleep you were all so nervous for me but our P-day got changed for today because we had changes today. I said goodbye to my dear Elder Curichimba after 4 1/2 months together! 

New companion, Elder Montecinos from Bolivia
My new comp is Elder Montecinos from Bolivia. I have known him for about 3 hours but he seems super cool. He just arrived in the mission, so I am his Papa! I will be training this young'un in the ways of the Lord. He shall be my padawan, my disciple, my only child born in the desert, my squishie, my precious, my dear son. In order to welcome him to the mission I bought a diaper and painted it really nice and pretty with his name and the Honduran flag and sparkles and all that jazz so he feels welcome to the family. 

We also have a new gringo roommate, Elder Andrews from San Diego!



Other breaking news from San Juan is that I started to shower last night and turned around and this massive spider was crawling up the shower curtain, so I unleashed the fearsome power of my 13 yr old girl scream and booked it out of the shower. I'm chill with spiders using the shower and all to clean up but they just need to remember to wait their turn.

The work is going super well. We are having a lot of success and I have learned to be patient with the Lord and with investigators. This is a new message and a new world for everyone, and sometimes it takes a bit for someone to really realize that they need to pray and ask God to get an answer. Proud of the new Gilbert Arizona Temple and of my brother who was a big part of the youth Cultural Celebration playing the role of Meshach with 12,000 youth! I felt the Spirit super strongly looking at the photos of all the youth singing their hearts out despite the drenching rain in order to express what they believe. I know this church is true. I know this gospel is true. I know that God has once again called prophets to guide his church in these latter days. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God. It has changed my life.

In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
Elder Moffitt



No comments:

Post a Comment