Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Life is Hard for the Best People

This week was great but hard. SO MUCH APOSTASY! But it is good. we cannot expect to be representatives of Jesus Christ without dealing with harden hearts and blinded eyes and ununderstanding ears. It is incredible to me to see how traditions of ones fathers can just completely mold and hardens someones form of belief. That pattern is so visible in the jews of the bible, the lamanites of the book of Mormon, and people here. People only want to believe what is familiar to them, and there are so few that really understand the import of our message and the weight of the invitacion to really pray and ask God, the fountain of all truth, for an answer and a confirmation. 

The guy we found milacrulously in Trujillo on divisions, remember, that is our neighbor, has been progressing. He is really open, and always tells us the errors that he commits. He has talked to us about his challenges with the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. He has problems drinking and really has a desire to change and is starting that repentance process of recognizing his errors, and feeling godly sorrow for them. I hope to be here when he is ready and repentant enough to wash away his sins in the waters of baptism.

I found this quote today and it hit me pretty hard. As I am nearing the end of my mission, it seems like I am working as hard as I can but not having the same results that I would expect. Here it is: 

If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived - Jeffrey R. Holland

I think the Lord is just giving me those last few trials to be able to pass with courage and steadfastfulness (is that a word?) to be able to then enjoy the last few miracles of my mission.

Hurrah for Israel!


Elder MOffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment