Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

HOME.

Return Home

Well my mission has come to a close. It has been a month since I packed up my clothes, passed by some recent converts, including the family of Wendy and Marcos (who have become just the strongest mormon family ever, they have like 20 book of mormons in their house, temple pictures taped on the walls, and have weekly noche's de hogar in which they invite the whole neighborhood!) in San Juan, Satelite, and then had our farewell dinner with President and Sister Klein. Then I boarded the plane, survived a 9 hour layover in Miami, talked on the plane to a fire dancing scuba diving harpoon fishing yoga instructor a little about God while debating in my mind following the same career paths as her, and then finally landing at 10 pm in good old Phoenix Skyharbor airport in Arizona. My family and some good friends where waiting for me, including the Sister Hilton, The Martins, Sara Prokop, Matthew Dickens and Mr. Dickens, Isaac Miller, and Bella Roig. I was pretty overwhelmed, tried to give handshakes to everyone like a good missionary but everyone made fun of me and made me give them hugs. Oh well.

The adjustment is pretty hard. Getting back to english wasn't that hard, but it was hard finding a purpose. As a missionary our purpose is so clear and so defined. Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, the reception of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. That is what you do all day every day. Why do you wear a tie? To Baptize. Why do you eat? To baptize. Why do you shower in the mornings? To baptize. Everything is centered on helping OTHERS. And now, I have to worry about myself again. What am I going to study? Work? MARRIAGE ?  :O And how do I arrive at those points.

It is also hard being in Babylon. But I can do it and will do it. With Christ, all things are possible and are worth it. My mission is just starting, and I hope to always have that missionary spirit and be worthy to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all those that surround me.

If you ever want to chat or have a question, my email is admoffitt15@gmail. com. I would love to hear from you!

Hurrah for Israel!

Sincerely,

Adam Moffitt



Best parents ever

My sister Jessica!

I HAVE FRIENDS

My little sister clara

Mi familia! Together for the first time in 2 years


The new temple in Gilbert Arizona that was dedicated while I was gone. It is so beautiful!

Presents for the family! Bull horn trumpets, machetes, coconut purses, what more do you need?

ITS GOOD TO BE HOME.

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment