Collage

Collage

Monday, June 9, 2014

Birthday Bagels!

Hello everyone!

Biggest news of this week is that last Monday we got to go into the city to the SUPERMARKET and buy food for the week! It was so cool!  It was like a real American supermarket--almost. I got some sweeeeeeeet food.

List of things I ate this week that I haven't eaten in a year:

- BAGELS AND CREAM CHEESE. I have honestly craved bagels since I left the MTC but they do not exist here. I didn't think the concept of yummy bread with a hole in it was so foreign but it hasn't occurred to anyone here yet.

- BACON!!!!!! I made an egg bacon potato tomato cheese bagel breakfast sandwich the other day... :)

- Canned pork and beans. Oh yeah, dad.

And much more. Best birthday present ever. 

I also got kinda adventurous and tried to make homemade alfredo sauce to make chicken alfredo pasta. I think I made it too good cause I got really sick the next day and was dying the whole day walking around spreading the gospel. But no rotten alfredo in my stomach is going to keep me from SAVING SOULS!

Funny story of the week. We were teaching this kid and his dad comes up and sits down and is like "You're missionaries right? Teach me!" So we start to teach him, and he is kinda drunk, and he starts going off about how we worship Joseph Smith and Moroni and etc, etc and we are like, "Whoa buddy calm down well explain it to you." So we explain who Joseph Smith was, just a prophet we don't worship him, and he wants to fight us about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon ... and coffee ... and we just told him look you are living in fornication and you are a drunk. Coffee is not going to send you to hell and right now, knowing about Joseph Smith isn't going to save you. You need to stop drinking and smoking and get married and then we will talk about that other stuff, because drunks and fornicators cannot enter into the kingdom of God until they repent and change their ways. (1 Corinthians 6.9-11 bro.) Milk before meat. So he calmed down and was like, "You're right" and invited us to come back to help him overcome his addictions and then offered to give me his shirt and hugged me like 3 times. Sweet little drunken man.

Other than that, the work is going super well. If I had the time I would write about every little miracle we have and every great lesson and every time the spirit guides us to someone super prepared for the gospel, but I don't. I would write about all the challenges that always enfront us and how time after time God overcomes those obstacles for us, but so much happens every day in the mission that it is impossible to communicate all. I love this work and I love the Lord.

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Moffitt


Addiction: You Will Be Freed
Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all can be transformed, cleansed, and freed from addiction. 
Read the entire address from Elder M. Russell Ballard: http://bit.ly/hN5Svf

Hiking to the top of "Coca Cola mountain" (it has a big Coca Cola sign on it).



No comments:

Post a Comment