Collage

Collage

Monday, May 5, 2014

Notha Hot Week Saving Souls

Hey all,

Just anotha week in the hot business of saving souls. Things are going good. We are seeing a lot of miracles here. Fun events and breaking news of the week:

Tried to get this dog that belonged to one our our investigators to love me and went to pet it with my best coo's but it didn't buy it and bit my hand. Sweet thing...

It's funny how everyone here feels a very urgent need to practice their English when they are drunk so when walking past a drunk guy on the street I am guaranteed to hear, "How are ju my freend, my bruder?" I like to respond with a very rapid return phrase in complicated Old English mixed with Brooklyn street drawl and leave them to meditate on what I said.

We had this one lesson this week that really taught me a lot about sacrifice versus excuses. We have this family that believes every thing that we have taught but that lives kinda far away from the church. Also, they aren't married. They want to get baptized, but they just seem to make excuses for why they can't go to church or pay to get married. For like an hour we sat with them trying to get them to understand that salvation isn't cheap; it is really, really hard but when we make sacrifices, the Lord will repay us, even 100 times more! I am so grateful I can sacrifice two years of my life to serve the Lord. God will NOT ask us for excuses on the day of judgement, he will ask us for results. He, who had the most reasons to make excuses never murmured nor hesitated to take the hard road, and he did it for the rest of us. If we want to be saved we must repent and it is NEVER easy to repent. Let us be as Nefi who said I will go and do, not "but...."

My shirts are starting to get super worn! I feel so pro. In just one month I will complete a full year in the mission. I will hit my halfway mark. How wild is that? I'm halfway done! NOOOOOO!!!!! I still have way too much to learn, way too much to do. I don't want my mission to end. It's crazy, but really dedicating yourself full time to the Lord is super difficult but super rewarding. I hope I can have great faith and great courage in these months to come. 

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Elder Moffitt

P.S. If you are one of my friends, and you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ and would like to learn more, just go to www.mormon.org and invite the missionaries (like me) to come visit you and share a message. Be a man (or a woman) and just Do It. You'll thank me later. :)

This is a beautiful convert family that is super poor but never once asked us for anything. We helped them upgrade their house a little with new materials and everything. They have grown so much spiritually...

No comments:

Post a Comment