Collage

Collage

Monday, May 19, 2014

Avacado Shampoo

Yes. My hair does smell like avocado. Thanks for asking.

My name is Adam Moffitt and I am wearing a pink tie in an internet cafe in an obscure town in the northern part of Honduras. With avocado smelling hair. And I'm a Mormon. And a missionary.

Describing Honduras -- I walk along dusty roads in the heat all day to visit people and teach them about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. There are cows. And people. And cars. Sometimes the cars are nice new pickup trucks. I wonder how they have bought them.
We have perfected the way to cook rice in our house. We eat a lot of rice.

Beans are very popular here. Beans with coke. Chemically speaking, this produces high levels of gas. This can be uncomfortable and distracting in the middle of lessons.

There are your descriptions mommy. More will come next week :) We have a lot of sweet people we are teaching. We contacted and are preparing two whole families for baptism. I love sweat running down my face. Well, it use to annoy me but now I just let it flow. "Let it flow. Let it flow. Sweat falls like the economyyyyyy." (Yep, to the tone of Let it Go).

Thanks for the banana bread recipe. There arent any bananas here. OH WAIT. YES, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE THAT I LOOK.
Baaaaaanaaaaaaanaaaaaaas.

Elder Brimley reports: "In funny news, the water has been out for two days now..... How have we showered, you ask? Hahahaha. From the absolutely revolting, putrid water from the pila where we wash our clothes, which is outside. It was really funny because I was in the middle of showering in the morning, when all of a sudden, the water all stopped. I had shampoo in my hair and I had to go outside with a towel over myself and wash the shampoo out of my hair. That was fun... I guess... Haha, but it made for good memories of my mission. I hope the water comes back tomorrow." 

Straining my mind to think of great stories from this week but all that comes to my mind is rice. So I will leave it with that. 

Honduras + Missionary = Rice

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Moffitt


This is Brother Zapata. He is really buff and a great cook. Yes that is the color of my shirt, or skin, or wait... 

No comments:

Post a Comment